[concurrency-interest] Soliciting input about removeAllThreadLocals

Doug Lea dl@cs.oswego.edu
Fri, 6 Dec 2002 09:35:48 -0500

Thanks for all the examples Eric!

> What if a flag were just added to the constructor of a ThreadLocal so that
> it could be marked when its created as a ThreadLocal that should be reset
> before Executors run the task.

We've considered options along these lines. My opinion (not
necessarily shared by others on Expert Group) is that no such scheme
would be sufficiently better than doing nothing: Thus requiring that
application-level prgrammers create lists of those ThreadLocals that
should be reset under particular Executors, and customizing associated
ExecutorIntercepts to include methods that do so.

-Doug