[concurrency-interest]Dynamic switching between reader/writer preferencing in read-write locks

Mario Juric mario@ifad.dk
Fri, 22 Feb 2002 11:12:51 +0100

In our application I have a case where it was useful to switch between
reader and writer preferencing in read-write locks. It was a simple task to
extend ReentrantWriterPreferencedReadWriteLock to support this, but it might
be useful to have it as a standard property in a general
ReentrantReadWriteLock instead. More sophisticated users may even find it
useful if the preferencing behaviour was encapsulated in a strategy pattern.
These suggestions of course also apply to the non-reentrant versions of the
read-write locks as well.

Best regards
Mario Juric

 ---
Mario Juric, M.Sc. CS, MUSTER Product Manager
IFAD, Forskerparken 10, DK - 5230 Odense M
Phone: +45 63 15 71 31 Fax: +45 65 93 29 99
www: www.ifad.dk e-mail: mario.juric@ifad.dk
---