[concurrency-interest] Extending Executors

Doug Lea dl@cs.oswego.edu
Wed, 9 Apr 2003 07:03:26 -0400

> The next major release will be preliminary implementation of JSR 166.
>
> Since we want to switch to util.concurrent instead of using our own threading stuff,
> I wonder when this will approximately be. Shall we wait some days, weeks, month or
> just use util.concurrent in the meantime.

Hopefully about a month. Maybe 2 months. I was aiming for a
preliminary release around now, but spent a lot longer than planned to
investigate some new locking algorithms, some of which will be used in
some of the lock and synchronizer (semaphores etc) classes.

-Doug