[concurrency-interest] Preliminary test release 1 now available

Doug Lea dl@cs.oswego.edu
Sat, 7 Jun 2003 16:32:36 -0400

Check out the for-masochists-only preliminary test release page:
   http://gee.cs.oswego.edu/dl/concurrency-interest/jsr166/

Where it says...
  Preliminary versions of JSR166 concurrency utilities are available for
  you to try out on solaris-sparc and linux-x86 (only; sorry).  To run
  these, you need to get not only the classes, but also a set of hotspot
  add-ons for JDK1.4.1. (NOT 1.4.2; sorry) as well as the early-access
  1.5 compiler.  A shell script that you will fill out paths for will
  allow you to run a 1.4.1 server (not client; sorry) VM that also
  contains the new primitives that support new functionality.

  This is the first of several planned preliminary test releases.
  There may be bugs. APIs will change. Etc. We appreciate your help in
  tracking down any problems; the earlier the better.

A few other notes:

This is a release-and-get-out-of-town-quick scheme :-). I will be out
at JavaOne, ACM FRC, and elsewhere for the next 10 days, So I will
probably not be able to reply to questions promptly.  This release
really is "preliminary". The javadocs need improvement, there are a
few small planned functionality improvements, and some functionality
has not been tested. You can help make it better.

As previously previewed, we are interested in gathering good test
cases, expecially code that exposes the package to unusual situations.
We'd especially like your help in this.  We may set up a mechanism to
coordinate this.

-Doug