[concurrency-interest] Concurrency Utilities in Practice

Tim Peierls tim@peierls.net
Sat, 22 Nov 2003 08:31:05 -0500

Joe Bowbeer and I are preparing a Birds-of-a-Feather session at JavaOne
San Francisco 2004 entitled "Concurrency Utilities in Practice", yet to
be approved. Doug Lea is the session leader. The idea is to present real
programs that make essential use of JSR-166 tools.

We have two such programs in mind, a SwingWorker-like utility and an
internet-based digital map rendering system. We would like to know
about other practical applications of JSR-166 that you think would
fit into this presentation.

If you have a real program that uses j.u.c (or is soon to be converted
from dl.u.c) that you think exemplifies some aspect of JSR-166, or just
an idea about what kinds of examples we should be looking for, please
let us know.

Also, if you expect to be at JavaOne and would be interested in giving
a mini-presentation (< 10 minutes) as part of this session, please let
us know.

Joseph Bowbeer <jozart@blarg.net>
Tim Peierls <tim@peierls.net>