[concurrency-interest] Concurrency-interest digest, Vol 1 #168 - 7 msgs

David J. Biesack David.Biesack@sas.com
Mon, 24 Nov 2003 09:09:37 -0500 (EST)

> Date: Sat, 22 Nov 2003 08:31:05 -0500
> From: Tim Peierls <tim@peierls.net>
> To: concurrency-interest@altair.cs.oswego.edu
> Subject: [concurrency-interest] Concurrency Utilities in Practice
>
> Joe Bowbeer and I are preparing a Birds-of-a-Feather session at JavaOne
> San Francisco 2004 entitled "Concurrency Utilities in Practice", yet to
> be approved. Doug Lea is the session leader. The idea is to present real
> programs that make essential use of JSR-166 tools.
>
> We have two such programs in mind, a SwingWorker-like utility

Is this based on or similar to FoxTrot, which was presented at JavaOne 2003?

See http://foxtrot.sourceforge.net and
http://servlet.java.sun.com/javaone/sf2003/conf/sessions/display-2476.en.jsp

Has anyone on concurrency-interest done an analysis of Foxtrot for correctness?
(Is Simone Bordet on this listserv?)  I'd like to see a Java 1.5/JSR 166 version of
Foxtrot.

--
David J. Biesack     SAS Institute Inc.
R&D Java Strategist  SAS Campus Drive Cary, NC 27513