[concurrency-interest] Concurrency Utilities in Practice

Claude Hussenet chussenet@yahoo.com
Mon, 24 Nov 2003 10:12:27 -0800 (PST)

I am using the concurrent package for a large
financial
site in NY .We're getting few millions hit a day.

We're the concurrent package as a way to process
simultaneous request to the backend in an asynchronous
fashion .Those calls are used to build the homepage
of the site (Portal Applications)and also process
backend validation,authorization........

So,we're using a quite "high level API" from the
concurrent package such as Callable, TimedCallable,
FutureResult,PooledExecutor....

We found the concurrent package an an alternative to
the JMS API which usually require a J2EE container.

Let me know if you're interested .

Rgds,Claude

--- Tim Peierls <tim@peierls.net> wrote:
> Joe Bowbeer and I are preparing a Birds-of-a-Feather
> session at JavaOne
> San Francisco 2004 entitled "Concurrency Utilities
> in Practice", yet to
> be approved. Doug Lea is the session leader. The
> idea is to present real
> programs that make essential use of JSR-166 tools.
>
> We have two such programs in mind, a
> SwingWorker-like utility and an
> internet-based digital map rendering system. We
> would like to know
> about other practical applications of JSR-166 that
> you think would
> fit into this presentation.
>
> If you have a real program that uses j.u.c (or is
> soon to be converted
> from dl.u.c) that you think exemplifies some aspect
> of JSR-166, or just
> an idea about what kinds of examples we should be
> looking for, please
> let us know.
>
> Also, if you expect to be at JavaOne and would be
> interested in giving
> a mini-presentation (< 10 minutes) as part of this
> session, please let
> us know.
>
> Joseph Bowbeer <jozart@blarg.net>
> Tim Peierls <tim@peierls.net>