[concurrency-interest] JCP Case Study of JSR 166

Susan Mitchell susan@mitchlink.com
Mon, 24 Nov 2003 11:31:55 -0800

blockquote, dl, ul, ol, li { padding-top: 0 ; padding-bottom: 0 }
I am writing on behalf of the JCP. This story, to be posted at jcp.org
in the spec lead guide section, is a case study in how an expert group
handles the task of developing an API, RI, and TCK. (FYI, here are
similar case studies I wrote: http://jcp.org/en/resources/guide/jsr53
and http://jcp.org/en/resources/guide/jsr80.)</div>
concurrency-interest archives to get a sense of how this interest list
works. I was impressed at the positive and enthusiastic tone of many
of the messages. I'll be talking more with Doug, but I wondered if any
of you wanted to answer some or all of these questions:</div>
did you end up in that role?</blockquote>
list?</blockquote>
concurrency-interest list improved (or detracted from) the quality of
the EG's product?</blockquote>
Please explain.</blockquote>
by other EGs?</blockquote>
improved?</blockquote>
expert groups,</blockquote>
interest group that spec lead Doug Lea is not employed by a
corporation?</blockquote>
interest group that spec lead Doug Lea was on the JCP Executive
Committee?</blockquote>
learn from this EG to apply to a new EG?</blockquote>
this EG?</blockquote>
I look forward to a blizzard of email from you. Thanks a bunch!</div>