[concurrency-interest] Concurrency Utilities in Practice

Claude Hussenet chussenet@yahoo.com
Mon, 24 Nov 2003 12:48:40 -0800 (PST)

>   http://somnifugi.sourceforge.net/

=> No.I didn't.I didn't know about it.

=>What I did ,it's to develop a thin generic
=>framework on the top of the concurrent package
=> which helps drastically the support of parallel
=> asynchronous request with timeout.
=>So the team of application developers can now
=>suppport the features listed above within a
web-=>container without being an expert in thread
=>programming or in the concurrent package .
=>It required the implementation of 1 or 2 interfaces
=>and that's it.

=>I personaly found the JMS API as a too low level
=>API for application programmers looking for solving
=>concurrent problem.So somnifugi could be an other
=>alternative but we would have to use it as an
=>implementation solution of the current framework
=>I will take a look in the future if we have problem
=>that we can not solve with our current framework.

Rgds,Claude

I have developed a light framework

--- Tim Peierls <tim@peierls.net> wrote:
> Claude Hussenet wrote:
> > We're the concurrent package as a way to process
> simultaneous
> > request to the backend in an asynchronous fashion.
> ... We found
> > the concurrent package an an alternative to the
> JMS API which
> > usually require a J2EE container.
>
> Have you considered Dave Walend's SomnifugiJMS? It
> is essentially
> a JMS wrapper around the concurrency utilities
> (forgive me, Dave,
> if I oversimplify).
>
>   http://somnifugi.sourceforge.net/
>   http://weblogs.java.net/pub/wlg/433
>
> It would be nice to get a feeling for how to decide
> between JMS-style
> designs and the direct use of the concurrency
> utilities. If we had all
> the time in the world, I'd love to present things in
> this order:
>
>   1) a j.u.c implementation of SomnifugiJMS
>   2) an example of asynch request processing using
> 1)
>   3) an example of asynch request processing using
> "raw" j.u.c
>      (as in Claude's financial site)
>
> But we don't have much time. As interesting as all
> of this is, I think
> our first priority is breadth of application of the
> concurrency utilities.
>
> --tim

=====
Claude Hussenet