[concurrency-interest] Too late to add a pushBack method to BlockingQueue?

Doug Lea dl@cs.oswego.edu
Mon, 8 Sep 2003 19:19:40 -0400

We had considered supporting Deques, that allow additions and removals
from both ends, which would work for you. The main issue here though
is that the best implementations of this API tend to vary too much
across contexts. For example, one good for work-stealing is unlikely
to be very good for message buffering and vice versa. So, we haven't
found it to be a good candidate for inclusion in JSR-166.  (It IS a
good candidate for a post-1.5 dl.u.c though.)

-Doug