[concurrency-interest] Javadoc for offer method in ConcurrentLinkedQueue

Doug Lea dl@cs.oswego.edu
Thu, 11 Sep 2003 07:29:10 -0400

> It seems as the javadoc for the offer method has just been copied from
> the Queue interface. What it makes it look like is that there is some
> kind of difference between the add-method and offer-method because the
> later may return false if the offer didn't succed.

Thanks. We will change this.

> Are they anywhere else its better to send javadoc corrections to then
> this list?

You could just send to me directly, but using the list is fine.

Also, although it doesn't apply in the above case, our javadoc hacks
that are in place until full 1.5.0 javadoc is available to handle
generics etc sometimes doesn't correctly show inherited specs.  Don't
bother telling us about this :-)

-Doug