[concurrency-interest] Announcing: release 1.0 of backport of JSR166 to Java 1.4 available

Gary Gregory ggregory@seagullsoftware.com
Tue, 7 Dec 2004 14:19:57 -0500

Hello,

The distribution does not contain PooledExecutor [1], but the site seems
to say it should be included in the backport:

    "All JSR 166 executors, utilities, and everything related (thread
pools, FutureTask, scheduled tasks and executors, etc)"

?

Gary

[1]
http://gee.cs.oswego.edu/dl/classes/EDU/oswego/cs/dl/util/concurrent/Poo
ledExecutor.html

-----Original Message-----
From: concurrency-interest-admin@cs.oswego.edu
[mailto:concurrency-interest-admin@cs.oswego.edu] On Behalf Of Dawid
Kurzyniec
Sent: Wednesday, December 01, 2004 3:06 PM
To: concurrency-interest@altair.cs.oswego.edu
Subject: Re: [concurrency-interest] Announcing: release 1.0 of backport

Gary Gregory wrote:

>Hi,
>
>Anything for us poor saps (am I the only one ;-) still stuck on 1.3.1?
>
>Thanks,
>Gary

I haven't actually tried it yet, but I think that there is a very good
chance that the backport works and compiles with older JREs, too, maybe
even starting with Java 1.2. In the worst case, it may require minor
changes in some files. Why don't you try it out and share your
experiences?

Regards,
Dawid