[concurrency-interest] Strange behaviour with LinkedBlockingQueue JDK 1.4 backport

Dawid Kurzyniec dawidk@mathcs.emory.edu
Mon, 13 Dec 2004 12:16:44 -0500

Jean Morissette wrote:

> Hi,
> Running this test on
> edu.emory.mathcs.backport.java.util.concurrent.LinkedBlockingQueue
> cause the Producer and Consumer threads to block indefinitely.  Am I
> missing something?

Hello Jean,

There is a bug in LinkedBlockingQueue that causes this code to deadlock.
Also the clear() method is affected. I have fixed it (hopefully I got it
right this time) and put in CVS; it will be a couple more days before I
prepare new distribution but meanwhile, the new source file is available at:

http://dcl.mathcs.emory.edu/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/software/util/backport-util-concurrent/src/edu/emory/mathcs/backport/java/util/concurrent/LinkedBlockingQueue.java

Thanks for reporting this.

Regards,
Dawid