[concurrency-interest] dl.util.concurrent 1.3.3

Doug Lea dl@cs.oswego.edu
Fri, 20 Feb 2004 08:24:09 -0500

I put out a couple of minor changes to dl.util.concurrent as version
1.3.3.  It mostly includes adjustments to PooledExecutor that make it
work as expected when minimum pool size is set to zero, but other
policies are set in ways that sometimes require at least one
thread. (As mentioned in some postings a while ago, JDK1.5
ThreadPoolExecutor avoids the issues here, mainly because "core" pool
size settings replace dl.u.c "minimum" sizes).

See http://gee.cs.oswego.edu/dl/classes/EDU/oswego/cs/dl/util/concurrent/intro.html

We hope people are planning to migrate to the improved JDK1.5 versions
of things. The dl.u.c package is going into maintenance mode.

-Doug