Larry Riedel larryr@saturn.sdsu.edu
4 Jan 2004 09:14:26 -0000

> It seems really odd to not have [AtomicInteger and
> AtomicLong] implement Number.

Let me count the ways Java is odd or just plain lame.  I would
like to imagine the new stuff tries not to be encumbered by
antediluvian cruft like java.lang.Number, which is a Class,
not an Interface, and thus kind of Useless, thanks to the Java
precept that multiple inheritance of implementation is Evil,
leaving us with objects and "containers" duct taped together
with byzantine naming conventions, "dynamic Proxy"s, etc.

Larry