[concurrency-interest] More on: AtomicInteger and AtomicLong should implement Numbe

Doug Lea dl@cs.oswego.edu
Sat, 10 Jan 2004 10:06:17 -0500

I wrote...

>  but we're taking it seriously anyway
> because it is probably representative of reactions we might expect
> from casual users.

which of course was NOT to imply that people posting one opinion or
another about it are merely casual users. (Sorry to anyone who took
this the wrong way!) Just that, as before, new users will have one
expectation or another about it, and will probably be confused, and
we'd like to avoid this.

While I'm at it: Could someone who favors subclassing Number try
writing sample AtomicInteger/AtomicLong javadoc that would deconfuse
those new users who are NOT expecting it.  And keep it really short
and obvious so people might actually notice it?

-Doug