[concurrency-interest] differentiating between result-bearing and non- result-bearing actions

Doug Lea dl@cs.oswego.edu
Wed, 21 Jan 2004 14:51:42 -0500

I just noticed that we didn't reply about an embedded question in
Gary's first mail on this: We do not support a getPeriod() or similar
method because the values can mean different things depending on
whether you are doing fixed-rate vs fixed-delay scheduling.  While it
would be possible to add interfaces and methods to untangle this, they
would complicate APIs and usage to handle the uncommon desire to
extract these values, especially given the alternative of just
remembering the values yourself before calling schedule().

-Doug