[concurrency-interest] When do you use wait/notify?

Doug Lea dl@cs.oswego.edu
Sun, 25 Jan 2004 09:17:40 -0500

>  it seems to me there may be significant misapprehensions
> about Java application developers, and if so I think correcting those
> misapprehensions may have the most significant positive effect on design
> of the JDK APIs,

Sorry that this came across in the wrong way!  I used "application
developers" as a shorthand for "people who will use the supplied
implementations" and "infrastructure developers" for "people who will
reimplement existing interfaces or create new ones". I probably should
have used different terminology.

-Doug