[concurrency-interest] Re: When do you use wait/notify?

Ernst, Matthias matthias.ernst@coremedia.com
Tue, 27 Jan 2004 08:42:10 +0100

------_=_NextPart_001_01C3E4A9.120F4AD4

> Warning: I haven't done this, and don't even know if getAllStackTraces
> is fully functional yet, but the intent is to make such tools
> possible. (Also, I'm not sure offhand how to get from step 2 to 3
> given what StackTraceElement provides.)

Ok, thanks for the yet missing piece. I was exactly wondering how to =
navigate from a StackTraceElement to the Lock object. Currently =
StackTraceElements only give me the method object but not the value of =
'this'. So that is not possible right now, but it's wonderful that that =
information will be available in the future !

> Ugh. Sorry. This means that the internal builds I must use to prepare
> for beta2 are now incompatible with early-access build.  I should be
> able to create a usable jar from some previous build, which I won't be
> able to get to for a day or two. I'll post when I do.

No hurry.=20

Thanks
Matthias

------_=_NextPart_001_01C3E4A9.120F4AD4

<HTML>
<HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
6.5.6944.0">
<TITLE>RE: [concurrency-interest] Re: When do you use =
wait/notify?</TITLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY>
<!-- Converted from text/plain format -->

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2>&gt; Warning: I haven't done this, and don't even know =
if getAllStackTraces<BR>
&gt; is fully functional yet, but the intent is to make such tools<BR>
&gt; possible. (Also, I'm not sure offhand how to get from step 2 to =
3<BR>
&gt; given what StackTraceElement provides.)<BR>
<BR>
Ok, thanks for the yet missing piece. I was exactly wondering how to =
navigate from a StackTraceElement to the Lock object. Currently =
StackTraceElements only give me the method object but not the value of =
'this'. So that is not possible right now, but it's wonderful that that =
information will be available in the future !<BR>
<BR>
&gt; Ugh. Sorry. This means that the internal builds I must use to =
prepare<BR>
&gt; for beta2 are now incompatible with early-access build.&nbsp; I =
should be<BR>
&gt; able to create a usable jar from some previous build, which I won't =
be<BR>
&gt; able to get to for a day or two. I'll post when I do.<BR>
<BR>
No hurry.<BR>
<BR>
Thanks<BR>