[concurrency-interest] Skip Lists, Concurrent Skip Lists and Concurrent Sorted Maps

Joshua Bloch joshua.bloch@sun.com
Mon, 21 Jun 2004 11:39:13 -0700

Bill,

   FYI, we left rank out of SortedMap because of its impact on the
performance of various implementations (including red-black tree).  The
only implementation on which it's pretty much free is splay tree, which
(as you know) has other problems: read operations are mutative.

           Regards,

           Josh