[concurrency-interest] Re: PooledLinkedBlockingQueue

Jean Morissette jean.morissette666@videotron.ca
Mon, 01 Nov 2004 14:32:05 -0500

> The idea of maintaining
> a separate free memory pool based on the finalizer mechanism
> doesn't strike me as having much of a chance of profitability,
> unless the objects in the pool are extremely expensive to reconstruct.

We don't talk to use finalyse methods or weak references.  Instead, the
pool could be managed internaly by the object that use the pool.  By
exemple, we could create a class PooledConcurrentLinkedList that have an
internal pool of Node.  A node is added to the pool when the method
'poll()' is invoked.  Inversely, a node is removed from the pool when
the method 'offer()' is invoked.

Jean