[concurrency-interest] cvs & licencing issues ?

David Holmes dholmes@dltech.com.au
Fri, 5 Nov 2004 10:11:37 +1000

> If so, it might be a good idea to inform the classpath/gcc/gcj
> people so that we'll all have a gcc with a working
> java.util.concurrent too !

I think I have already mentioned this to the Classpath folk, but their main
focus at present is on getting at least JDK 1.2 compatability complete - the
5.0 support will be quite a while yet (there's been some early generics
work), and j.u.c requires other 5.0 features. It also requires VM support to
work well.

I'm also not sure if the CreativeCommons license is sufficient to allow
Classpath to adopt this stuff - the FSF seems pretty hung up on (L)GPL.

David Holmes