[concurrency-interest] cvs & licencing issues ?

Doug Lea dl@cs.oswego.edu
Thu, 4 Nov 2004 19:33:36 -0500

> can I checkout the sources from CVS

Sure. That's literally what Sun did when incorporating these into J2SE
5.0.  They don't have privileged access or rights to them.  I believe
that BEA jRockit has or will do the same.  You do have to check the
file headers for the files though. JSR166 included changes in a few
existing classes, for example class Thread. We placed (with
permission) the changed version in CVS even though Thread.java is
still Sun Copyright. This way, the CVS holds the full JSR166 effort.

-Doug