[concurrency-interest] Re: BlockingDeque and revised Deque

Larry Riedel larryr@saturn.sdsu.edu
26 Nov 2004 21:14:37 -0000

> Does anyone know of a use case common enough to argue for
> adding ConcurrentLinkedDeque to java.util.concurrent?

I think if an API class/method provides useful and intuitively
meaningful functionality which has significant aspects distinct
from what the other classes/methods in the API provide, and it
can be implemented/maintained cleanly, it is fine to add it.

> Should we...
>   1. Add both of these to java.util.Collections
>   2. Create a similar java.util.concurrent.ConcurrentCollections
>      [....]
> Any opinions?

I think java.util.Collections is by nature a turd, and I would
not prefer a similar new turd be added to the keep the existing
one from stinking more than it already does.

Larry