[concurrency-interest] BlockingDeque and revised Deque

Tim Peierls tim@peierls.net
Fri, 26 Nov 2004 21:30:42 -0500

Joshua Bloch wrote:
> I wouldn't mind jamming both adapters into
> java.util.Collections unless asLifoBlockingQueue is the first in a
> long line.

I'm sure there will be more. I'd like to have asPutOnlyBlockingQueue
and asTakeOnlyBlockingQueue, for starters. No, it isn't hard to roll
your own, but it is tedious. I think it's important to have them for
passing queues into contexts where it is impossible to guarantee that
the recipient will observe the required protocol.

So I'm in favor of j.u.c.ConcurrentCollections, especially if a shorter
name can be found.

--tim