[concurrency-interest] Re: BlockingDeque and revised Deque

Joshua Bloch josh@bloch.us
Sat, 27 Nov 2004 00:19:34 -0500

Larry,

On 26 Nov 2004 21:14:37 -0000, Larry Riedel <larryr@saturn.sdsu.edu> wrote:

> > Does anyone know of a use case common enough to argue for
> > adding ConcurrentLinkedDeque to java.util.concurrent?
>
> I think java.util.Collections is by nature a turd, and I would
> not prefer a similar new turd be added to the keep the existing
> one from stinking more than it already does.

And I think you are full of turds.  java.util.Collection has a great
power-to-weight ratio.  I have no idea why you don't like it.  Of
course I'm biased.

                 Josh (AKA the author of java.util.Collections)