[concurrency-interest] PooledExecutor question

Joe Bowbeer jozart@blarg.net
Thu, 14 Oct 2004 12:03:04 -0700

Have you tried java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor?

To shutdown a thread pool and await termination, you would:

  threadPool.shutdown();
  threadPool.awaitTermination(timeout, timeUnit);

Same problem different class?  Or does this work for you?

----- Original Message -----
From: "Vitaliy Geraymovych" <vitaliy.home@gmail.com>
To: <concurrency-interest@altair.cs.oswego.edu>
Sent: Thursday, October 14, 2004 7:53 AM
Subject: [concurrency-interest] PooledExecutor question

Hi All,

I am having problems using PooledExecutor. After submitting Runnables
into the pool I need to wait until all of them are completed. Call to
shutdownAfterProcessingCurrentlyQueuedTasks after submitting all tasks
doesn't seem to help.

Problem is happening when I am running JUnit . JUnit terminates before
all tasks are completed and as the result several tasks remain
unfinished.

Is there a way to wait until PooledExecutor finishes all tasks
submitted into the queue?

Thanks,
Vitaliy