[concurrency-interest] PooledExecutor question

trebor iksrazal iksrazal@yahoo.com
Fri, 15 Oct 2004 08:10:13 -0700 (PDT)

You could alternatively use the semaphore class. Init
the semaphore to the same size as the thread pool,
check out a permit before submitting a runnable, and
then release the permit in the runnables finally. Then
do a loop after the threads are started, checking to
see if the semaphore permits size reach max, then
break out of the loop knowing that the threads
completed.

--- Vitaliy Geraymovych <vitaliy.home@gmail.com>