[concurrency-interest] Distributed lock managers

Aswin D win_ash12@yahoo.com
Sun, 31 Oct 2004 01:52:06 -0700 (PDT)

--0-230462229-1099212726=:33109

Hello,
          I am writing to enquire whether there is any public code available that implements a distributed lock manager. I am wanting to learn about clustering in j2ee application servers and find that there is not enough information regarding this subject area. Also any public code that supports the concept of completion callback over several nodes on a cluster would also be appreciated. Each of these several nodes may not all start at the same time.

Prof. Lea-if you are reading this can I say that those of us who wish to get to a better understanding of  "under the hood" workings of locking, scheduling over a cluster there is not a good book in java available yet. If you can be persuaded to write one that would be much appreciated.
Regards,
Aswin D.