[concurrency-interest] Thread dump

Fred McLain mclain at halcyon.com
Thu Apr 7 19:36:25 EDT 2005

Hello all,

We're running into a thread deadlocking issue and I was hoping people
here could give me ideas on how to debug it.  The application is running
in an "installed" environment under Windows, not from the command line.
Fortunately we do log stdout and stderr to files.  I'd like to get a
thread dump but no longer remember the name of the tool I saw for
injecting the ctrl+break signal for this under windows.  A reminder sure
would help.  Also, what other techniques do you use for resolving
deadlocks?  A code review isn't a real option since there's about 1 MLOC
of code.

Thanks,

	-Fred-