[concurrency-interest] TimeUnit

Dawid Kurzyniec dawidk at mathcs.emory.edu
Sat Apr 9 14:50:07 EDT 2005

David Holmes wrote:

>>Is there a good reason of why the TimeUnit constants supported in
>>JDK1.5_02 is different from the backport 1.1_01 ?  In particular, the
>>DAYS, HOURS and MINUTES in the backport are dropped in JDK1.5_02.
>>

>It appears the backport is incorporating the jsr166x additions for mustang.

Correct.

>Perhaps the maintainers of the backport could provide a strict 1.5 backport
>seperate from the 1.6 backport.

I am rather hesitant to do this, as I would rather avoid maintaining
multiple distributions. (Also, these extensions are after all available
for 1.5 as a separate download.) Instead, I am planning to tag offending
constants with "@since 1.6". Other backported classes from jsr166x, like
Deque, are already tagged.

Regards,
Dawid Kurzyniec