[concurrency-interest] Unbounded queue and Max thread pool size.

Minnie Haridasa minnieh at corp.earthlink.net
Mon Apr 11 21:15:26 EDT 2005

Hi,

I just wanted to clarify a question I had.

Is it true that if a thread pool executor is created to use an unbounded
queue with a core pool size and a max pool size, the core pool will never
grow to the max pool size? The code does not indicate that, so I am hoping
that irrespective of the queue associated with the executor, the core pool
will grow to the max if need be.

Thanks,

MH