[concurrency-interest] Does "Thread.stop" do what is says it does?

Gregg Wonderly gregg at cytetech.com
Sat Aug 6 00:51:19 EDT 2005

Miles Sabin wrote:
>>Given all that, I find the abstraction of isolates too, well,
>>isolating, to be used as a default in our system.
>
> Odd perhaps, but I find the opposite to be the case. Treating everything
> as remote, even when it might be local is a strangely liberating
> experience ;-)

The Jini platform provides a rather liberating mechanism through the use of the RMI programming model to drive you to
think in this direction.  When you finally decide that things should be separated, it's amazing how fast you can find
things that can be separated from the cohesive forces that single JVMs put on your architecture...

Gregg Wonderly