[concurrency-interest] New project Ursus uses concurrency backport

Anthony Salem demandmass at hotmail.com
Mon Aug 22 13:14:25 EDT 2005

Greetings,

I have released a new open source project to the public under the BSD
license.  It relies on the util.concurrent PR backport by Dawid Kurzyniec.
Since I am using other peoples work I feel obligated to inform them of my
decision.

I just subscribed to this list and I've been reading some of the previous
posts and I feel like a mouse among men. However amaturish my code may be,
perhaps someone out there can benefit from it.

My project is an internet application framework supporting non-blocking IO,
encryption, and SQL persistence.  I borrowed heavily from the slide show on
nio that Doug Lea provided on the "Supplement to Concurrent Programming in
Java" page.

If anyone is interested in this project more information can be found at the
project web site.

http://ursus.sourceforge.net

Also the source can be checked out from module "ursus" at
anonymous at cvs.sourceforge.net:/cvsroot/ursus

Sincerely,
Anthony Salem