[concurrency-interest] Waiting for object value to be available.

Aleksey Gureev spyromus at gmail.com
Tue Aug 23 10:16:21 EDT 2005

Peter,

Maybe I will sound a bit stupid, but why not using a bounded queue for
tasks. It looks like a classical multiple providers vs. multiple
consumers problem. The consumers are sleeping while there's no object in
the queue. When provider puts an object, first consumer gets awaken and
takes the object into processing.

If you think that it matches your scenario I can give you a short sample
on demand.

Thanks,

Aleksey Gureev
Noizeramp Creative Group