[concurrency-interest] dl.util.concurrent v1.3.4, PooledExecu tor, LinkedQueue, shutdownN ow and hangup

Bathula, Shailender Shailender.Bathula at airnz.co.nz
Sun Mar 13 16:25:37 EST 2005

Thanks for your response.

The problem described did not occur when we ran the test case using
backport-util-concurrent-1.1 and we ended up using that. Our code has been
through testing and is in production now. At the moment we are forced to use
LinuxThreads as v5.1  of WebSphere we are using does not support NPTL even
on a NPTL-enhanced kernel
(http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/ws51help/index.jsp?topic=/com.ibm.
websphere.base.doc/info/aes/ae/cins_nptl.html) Apparently v6.0 of WebSphere
supports NPTL.

Regards,
Shailender