[concurrency-interest] backport: Is there a forward port of backport.util.concurrent to Java 5.0

David Walend david at walend.net
Wed May 11 14:02:49 EDT 2005

On May 11, 2005, at 11:01 AM, concurrency-interest-
request at cs.oswego.edu wrote:

> Hi,
> Is there a forward port to Java 5 of the backport.util.concurrent
> libraries?
>
> Ideally a forward port would allow interoperability between
> java.util.concurrent and backport.util.concurrent.
>
> What is the backport.util.concurrent project's thoughts on this?
> Are there any plans to Java 5 produce a forward port?

Mark,

For SomnifugiJMS, I was able to use an interface/driver pattern to
separate out a backport version and a juc version of the code base. I
stopped there to wait for retroweaver.

If you can wait, or want to help out, Toby plans to use the backport
in retroweaver. That's what stopped me from branching the Somnifugi
properly into 1.4 and 5.0 versions. Helping retroweaver use the
backport is at least a more interesting option than adding another
layer of abstraction.

Hope that helps,

Dave