[concurrency-interest] Use of blocked queues

Calum MacLean cnmaclean at hotmail.com
Mon May 30 07:22:30 EDT 2005

Hi

I'm wanting to use a blocked queue.

In my particular usage, when adding to the queue, I want to check if there
are any readers which are blocked, waiting for something to arrive on the
queue.  This is so that, if no readers are waiting, I fire off an event.

Is this possible using any of the java.util.concurrency blocking queues? I
currently can't see a way to do this using the existing classes.  I want to
avoid reinventing the wheel if necessary!

Thanks,
Calum