[concurrency-interest] Re: spurious wakeups semantics

Joshua Bloch josh at bloch.us
Fri Nov 4 10:22:23 EST 2005

David,

As a practical matter, they were allowed from  JDK 1.1 at least.  The
specs were not up to snuff, and I am (partly) to blame for this.  When
I arrived at JavaSoft ('96), spurious wakeups could occur, but were
not documented.  For whatever reason, it took us years to document
this authoritatively.

             Josh