[concurrency-interest] Need advice

Craig Mattocks mattocks at mac.com
Tue Nov 15 22:59:09 EST 2005

Hi,

I am an environmental research scientist and I am contemplating porting
a large computational fluid dynamics (CFD) simulation model from
Fortran 90/95 to Java. The code currently runs on unix/Linux clusters
using MPI, distributing "patches" of two-dimensional arrays to separate
nodes/processors to run concurrently (in parallel).

If I restructure the code to use objects inherent to the problem
instead of global arrays of data, what is the current state-of-the-art
framework for distributing these objects to different machines
(nodes/processors) in a cluster?

Thank you, in advance, for your advice and insights.

Craig