[concurrency-interest] ThreadPoolExecutor

Doug Lea dl at cs.oswego.edu
Thu Oct 6 19:14:11 EDT 2005

Patrick Eger wrote:

>>PS. Doug Lea is obviously incommunicado right now .

No, but Joe and David have handled this so well that I have nothing to
add :-)

... except to say that ThreadPoolExecutor handles as many variants
as we can support without hurting performance or adding too much for any
given mode of use. It sounds like your application might escape
the boundaries. Except that I'd be surprised if a simple
cahchedThreadPool was measurably worse that what you are doing.
Bounding to thousands of threads on a 2 or 4way machine
is not much different than not bounding at all.

-Doug