[concurrency-interest] Assignment of references atomic?

Mike Skells mike.skells at ebizz-consulting.com
Wed Oct 12 10:11:30 EDT 2005

Hi,

Without doing something it is certainly unsafe unless the object is
volatile, as there is nothing to force the object to be written or read from
the global address space, so the object references could be assigning and
rading data from the thread cache only

Object references are I believe atomic according the the JLS, bu the that
does not make it threadsafe.

I think that you need to explain in a little more detail what you expect the
bahavior to be

Mike

  _____