[concurrency-interest] Concurrent Programming in Java

Luís Matta levmatta at uol.com.br
Thu Oct 13 22:48:14 EDT 2005

Hello all (I'm posting public because the answer might be of general
interest),
    listening this mailing list has being a wonderfull learning
experience, and there is something to be sad about exposing ideas in the
form of a dialog, but I would like to know...
    If Doug Lea, his staff (if he has), or the people at Sun are going
to publish a book on the subject. More specifically a update to the
"Concurrent Programming in Java: Design Principles and Patterns", I have
gone to the site and I have found a online suplement, but I am more
interested in a complete update of the book directed at the java 5 (and
above) and plataform.
     Also a better text explananing of the new memory model, and all the
resoning behind it. Just a comment: the paper has unswered questions for
picture labels, very anoying (maybe they are obvious or suposed to make
you think). Or any other book, for that mather, on a related topic.

Thanks all,
Luís Matta