[concurrency-interest] overview new features -> tim.

Doug Lea dl at cs.oswego.edu
Mon Sep 5 19:48:47 EDT 2005

Peter Veentjer - Anchor Men wrote:

> I don`t think that is a very good solution because the exchange of messages is combined
>
> with storage of messages.

That was my original rational for dl.uti.concurrent versions. But the
rest of the world (including, now, me) disagrees. Support for standard
Collection methods was probably the most frequently requested feature.
Integration into Collections makes these classes more widely usable. And
(sorry to say) the only people inconvenienced by it can cope
with this a lot more easily than if it were the other way around.

-Doug