[concurrency-interest] ScheduledExecutor execute takes longer than the next job.. what is going to happen?

Peter Veentjer - Anchor Men p.veentjer at anchormen.nl
Wed Sep 7 02:31:06 EDT 2005

What happens if the ScheduledExecutor executes a heavy job,
only has a single thread, and the next job needs to be scheduled?

If the execution of a job takes 1 minute.. and every 30 seconds
a job should be executed.. are the jobs that have to wait dropped?
Stored? Can this be controlled (maybe with timeouts)?

I have looked through the documentation, but I didn't find an
answer to this question.