[concurrency-interest] Why never daemon threads withdefaultthreadfactory?

David Holmes dholmes at dltech.com.au
Wed Sep 7 03:06:52 EDT 2005

Peter,

> I already did and that was why I was wondering
> why the daemon property with the default threadfactory
> Was set to false even though the daemon property of the
> Threadgroup is true.

I don't know what you are talking about here. The default ThreadFactory
doesn't create or modify the ThreadGroup that will be used. If the group is
a daemon group then it has nothing to do with the thread factory.

And as I said: being a daemon Threadgroup has absolutely NO connection with
daemon threads.

Cheers,
David Holmes