[concurrency-interest] CopyOnWriteArrayList clone bug?

Doug Lea dl at cs.oswego.edu
Wed Sep 7 10:16:56 EDT 2005

Jason Mehrens wrote:
> In revision: 1.51 of the CopyOnWriteArrayList, the resetLock() method is not
> invoked on the newly created clone.  Won't this result in one lock being
> shared over multiple instances?

Yes. Thanks VERY much! Hopefully we'll get this change in for Mustang.
It's not quite a bug, but it is not the way anyone wants it to work.

(Note: The Tiger version of this class does not have this problem.
For Mustang, we needed to change to use explicit locks but did not
adjust clone accordingly.)

-Doug