[concurrency-interest] Deque missing tail to head iterator.

Jason Mehrens jason_mehrens at hotmail.com
Thu Sep 8 20:09:38 EDT 2005

Josh,

>Not sure I get this.  In fact, I'm a bit confused: the Bug parade says
>there's a Collections.asLifoQueue(Queue) method, but the latest
>Mustang snapshot shows no such method.  If there were such a method,
>I'd imagine that it would do everything backward (iteration and
>toArray).  The latest Mustang snapshot doesn't so a Deque interface
>either, so I have no idea what's up.

I can see why you are confused, because my original question:

>>If the AsLifoQueue was modified to return the "tail-to-head" iterator,
>>should the toArray methods return the elements in "tail-to-head" order?

was based on a misunderstanding of the AsLifoQueue code from the CVS source
on this site.  The AsLifoQueue implementation on this site is correct and
works as expected (backward iteration and toArray).

Thanks for answering my questions,

Jason Mehrens