[concurrency-interest] When a pool is blocked ?

Serkan Demir serkandemir007 at gmail.com
Tue Aug 29 02:55:04 EDT 2006

Hi guys,
In javadocs it is written that "If the maximum pool size or queue size
is bounded, then it is possible for incoming execute requests to
block."
In our application, we have set PooledExecutor's abortWhenBlocked()
method and want Runtime exceptions when the queue is full. Although
our queue is full and our threads cannot serve new jobs, i cannot get
this Runtime exception. What is the policy for this blocking and when
a pool is blocked?