[concurrency-interest] Threadpoolexecutor.maximumPoolSize

Seth Green seth.m.green at gmail.com
Wed Aug 30 15:48:08 EDT 2006

I had no idea the java.util.concurrency library had been backported, and
I was so fired up to use it. I have some code that uses a
ThreadPoolExecuter, but it seems that although I have set the
maximumPoolSize to 50 the pool never grows beyond my corePoolSize.

Does anyone have a suggestion as to why this would be the case. Is there
something I should be doing differently?

I check getMaximimPoolSize() in a number of places and it is always 50,
but even though I try to assign 50 threads at once, it only ever start 5
(my corePoolSize).

thanks,
seth